Success Saturdays Program
Success Saturdays is one of our youth and children mentoring programs that help middle and high school refugee students with homework and skills for academic success.
When: Saturdays 10:30AM – 12:30PM
Where: The Refugee Resource Center at First English Lutheran. 501 James St. Syracuse, New York
Transportation to venue will be provided. Meet at 10AM at the lower level of Hendricks Chapel to carpool.
Join Our Team!
- Are you good at Math, Science, Computers, Social Studies, English? We need you!
- Share stories of your educational and vocational journey!
- Mold the future, gain experience, build relationships and make a difference to yourself and the community
Thank you to Wheat Ridge Emerging Leader Grant for making this program possible!
To know more or sign up, please email Chris Pulliam at email@example.com
Youth Mentoring with Community Dinner
Come build relationships with youth through crafts, sports, and discussions about contemporary topics. Join us to make a difference on the South Side of Syracuse to help children, teens, and elderly who come to the dinner!
Preschool with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Books
Do you love working with children? Help infants to five year olds learn through play in order to prepare them for Kindergarten. The program runs on week day mornings.
For more information see Literacy tab!
Youth Identity and Health Mentoring
In this peer leadership project, college students train and support a diverse group of high school age youth to be leaders. College students mentor high school students to help them facilitate their own learning through dialogue, creative expression, and sharing their knowledge through workshops they plan and execute for younger youth.
The program is held every Saturday from 1:30-3:30pm in the Noble Room at Hendricks Chapel.
Contact us for more information if you are interested in joining the team!
We have three opportunities for college students to pay it forward with young people in our community.
- Tutor Middle and High School students in our “Success Saturdays” from 10:30am-12:30am weekly
- Assist Elementary School children and teens with homework, arts and crafts, sports on Wednesday evenings following a community dinner, 5-8pm
- Work with preschoolers to prepare them for Kindergarten on weekdays
Click here to fill out a Volunteer Interest Form